Enhance process research, design and operations performance with rigorous chemistry analysis
Delivering in-depth insights on behavior of electrolyte and nonelectrolyte streams with first principles based prediction of multi-point equilibrium calculations for multi-component systems across a broad range of operating conditions to increase operations efficiency, sustainability and productivity.
Analyze chemical streams, predict mineral scaling and corrosion in industrial chemical processes
Reduce cost of experiments and accelerate designs with virtual chemistry lab simulations; design optimal operating windows to improve operations performance and sustainability.
Mitigate risk from mineral scaling and corrosion damage and mitigate risk to operations and the environment.
OLI Studio: Stream Analyzer enables in-depth chemistry analysis for electrolyte and non-electrolyte systems that serves as a virtual lab for chemistry analysis, reduces physical experiments, improves quality of process designs and speed of process troubleshooting and makes environmental compliance cost effective.
It is a first principles-based analysis tool with an unparalleled chemistry property database and three thermodynamic models that deliver accurate, rigorous multi-component calculations for the broadest range of phenomena and operating conditions.
- Equilibrium calculations – solid-aqueous-vapor-organic phase distribution
- Advanced mechanisms – redox, kinetics, surface reactions, etc.
- Advanced property calculations – ORP, water activity, transport properties, etc.
- Single point equilibrium calculations – isothermal, set pH, bubble and dew points, etc.
- Multiple point equilibrium calculations, plots – trends in pH, T, P, concentration, etc.
- Simple mix and separate capabilities
- Mitigate corrosion risk with amine chloride sublimation
- Optimize materials selection with high-pressure autoclave formulation
- Improve process design with gas-phase condensation
- Improve process design and materials selection with pH prediction
- Eliminate toxic contamination with trace and heavy metal simulation
OLI Studio: ScaleChem enables accurate mineral scaling prediction in oil and gas production, water and wastewater treatment as well as other industrial applications and delivers granular predictive insights to mitigate risk from production interruption or asset damage as well as enhance quality of asset and process design to increase production yields and operations efficiency.
It is a comprehensive, first principles-based analysis tool with an unparalleled chemistry property database and three thermodynamic models that deliver accurate, rigorous multi-component calculations for the broadest range of phenomena and operating conditions.
- Full phase equilibrium calculations – vapor, brine, oil & multiple solid phases
- Quantitative acid gas & volatile fatty acid partitioning across the vapor-brine-oil phases.
- Simulate phase mixing and separation during operations
- Create a representative reservoir fluid composition so that fluid properties can be predicted as it flows up the well. This includes equilibrating the fluids with reservoir minerals.
- Compute phase partitioning, mass balance, scale tendencies, and scale mass across the production temperature and pressure
- Process-oriented, allowing step-by-step visualization of the application
- Database that includes standard scales and several hundred non-standard scales
- Predict evaporative salt scaling
- Predict of reservoir saturation in carbonate reservoirs (limestone, dolomite, siderite)
- Simulate gas-lift injection and multi-zone production
- Test fluid compatibility when mixing downhole or at surface
- Simulate injection water reaction with reservoir minerals and connate water
OLI Studio: Corrosion Analyzer predicts general and localized corrosion resulting from chemical reactions between the corrosive liquid and the metal surface. The tool also predicts depletion profiles at grain boundaries caused by heat treating. Lastly, the Corrosion Analyzer tool computes real-solution Pourbaix diagrams across a wide range of conditions (T/P) and compositions, and stability of metals in harsh industrial applications.
Corrosion Analyzer uses a first principles thermodynamic model to compute the composition of the near-surface liquid and a multi-functional rate expression to compute corrosion rates. Both the thermodynamic model and the corrosion rate expression are validated using peer-reviewed experimental data. This ensures that the software delivers accurate predictions across a broad range of operating conditions.
- Thermophysical model to predict the liquid composition in contact with the metal surface; the liquid properties (viscosity, conductivity, species activities, electrochemical potential) that impact corrosion rates; the solubility of protective films in contact with the adjoining liquid
- Electrochemical modules for predicting general and local corrosion rates
- Active-passive transition module to predict the effects of solution species on passivity
- Flow model to predict the effect of fluid velocity on corrosion
- Multiple Plotting tools to display E-pH (Pourbaix) diagrams, E-speciation diagrams, general corrosion rate plots, local corrosion rate plots, surface depletion plots, polarization diagrams, including, key anodic and cathodic curves
- Reduce experimental costs with screening to focus lab and plant tests
- Mitigate operational risk by prediction of “Hot spots” for sensor locations
- Improve asset performance by prediction of Useful remaining service life
- Improve design with predicting effect of pH, composition, temperature on corrosion
- Optimize design with lab and plant screening sensitivity studies
- Improve operations efficiency with failure diagnosis and avoidance
- Improve operations by simulating seawater injection, ion-stripping
- Optimize design and improve operations efficiency with optimal material selection